Does this look like herpes? *picture*

Posted , 3 users are following.

a week and a half ago I had sex for the first time with someone Ive gotten pretty serious with. He was pretty big and right after we had sex I noticed he had ripped me a little. I didn't pay much attention to it because after a good day the pain went away. Well a few days later he came over and we had pretty rough sex for three days straight. I started feeling serious pain near my vaginal opening so much that it was hard to walk and when I peed if the the pee got on the area it felt like excruciating pain. I decided to take a mirror down there to look and noticed a paper cut like mark. After a few days the mark got bigger and bigger and turned white. My vagina was extremely inflammed and swollen. I decided to go to the health department and was told that I just had a really bad infection from the rips getting infected. I was given a shot in my butt cheek of rocephin. I went home and started bleeding and then I took a nap and when I woke up I decided to take a look at it and this is what it looked like. I'm so afraid because I keep looking online and I feel like it looks just like herpes. I got tested while I was at the health department just to be sure but I just need some peace of mind because it's going to take a week to get results back. 

Ps : the gooey stuff is not discharge. The greenish patches are sticky and gooey and its from them. Also my partner has not had any symptoms and he's the only person I could've gotten it from if it is herpes. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ouch, that looks really painful and infected! I can see a few things that look like possible sores, but then that whole infected area is not typical of herpes, so I wouldn't like to guess one way or the other. At least you got it swabbed for herpes, as that's the best test to do when you have an outbreak. If it is just an infected tear that's spread, it could be staph. I trust they swabbed you for other likely pathogens as well.

• Posted

i have a question if that’s okay with you. i have the same problem and the white/greenish stuff on your picture, i also have. did you test positive for herpes?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.