Does this look like herpes to you?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i just started my period on sunday and i was bleeding a lot, as usual, but this particular time i was wiping a lot and very often and my vagina starting feeling really raw. yesterday, i noticed that it started getting itchy and there was this yellow crusty stuff on my vagina lips. i took a bath yesterday and washed it off, but i think really just scraped it off. i started using cardboard tampons tuesday morning and sometimes they irritate me, so i decided to stop using tampons last night. i still feel itchy today, maybe a little less than yesterday. i noticed the crusty stuff was back and im not sure if it's from discharge or if it's scabs that i've just been washing off. i felt inside my vagina and it's extremely bumpy. i know whenever i get a yeast infection, it obviously swells up inside and its normally bumpy, but i'm pretty sure it's not ever this bumpy. is this herpes, genital warms, something else, or do you think its just the ruggae thats swollen?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

doesnt really look like herpes it just look irritated and inflamed . you can try some mind of antibacterial soap and ointment on the outsode of it but for the inside just clean really well and take like ibuprofen or something for inflammation and see if that helps any.

• Posted

thanks, i think you might be right! it itches so bad. kind of feels like a yeast infection, but there's not a ton of discharge

• Posted

looks like irritation, would try to see if it gets better over the next few days and apply some cream. worst case its just dry skin and youll have to see a doc to get a prescription.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.