Does this look like LS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been noticing that I've been quite itchy down there for about 2 months now. I've been to the doctors and they've given me thrush and bacterial vaginosis treatment but none of it has seemed to work.

I also feel a discomfort when I press my legs together. More like an ache then an actual pain.

The doctor then said it could be something called lichen sclerosus but wasn't too sure so I'm being referred to a gynaecologist.

Does anyone know if this looks like LS?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Francesca, i have no idea from pic. what i would say is that the "calling card" of LS is uncontrollable itching...especially at night. you could mistake it for yeast infection or other, but after treating for that, it is right back. a doc familiar with it might know, but a biopsy would tell. GYN will probably do the biopsy.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.