Does this look like prolapse?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been experiencing urinary issues for years. I've been dealing with constipation and leaking urine- it has gotten much worse since my son was born.

I noticed what appears to be a bulge almost coming out of my vagina and the area aches. its worse when i try to have a bowel movement or am on my feet for a long time

I did recently have an abnormal PAP that I will be getting a colposcopy for at the end of the month, which I don't think has anything to do with this

imageThanks for any insight you can provide!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi. Yes, I have the same maybe a bit bigger. My gynecologist says its cystocele. She referred me to a physiotherapist and a urologist. The physio has me doing intense kegels and I also bought a probe that pulsates and supposed to help. If can't remember the term the urologist said but whatever it was it's mild. Well, it doesn't feel mild!!!! I have to say it has been causing me issues of late. I actually called my gyny this morning for an appointment. This doesn't feel right at all! I hope you can see someone about yours.

• Posted

Thank you so much for the reply. I see my GYNO on Thursday. We'll see what they say

• Posted

i hope you get some relief from yours soon. This is definitely no fun!

• Edited

I think you have a prolapse of some description. Elmtree has mentioned a cystocele which is a prolapse of the bladder. If you can get to see a urogynaecologist that would be helpful. There are lots of different treatments, not all surgical. This is quite common in ladies who have gone through childbirth.

• Posted

Thank you so much for the reply. Based on my symptoms I'm thinking maybe I have 2 types of prolapse...? We'll see what the GYN says!

• Posted

I think it's like that too.what method the doctor does you can share.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.