Does this look like scabies ?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there I went to the doc 4 days ago and with a rash that I’ve had for 3/4 weeks. He said it was scabies. I don’t have it on any of my hand, wrist or feet. Just mainly torso and legs. It’s very itchy. Tends to get worse at night. Comes and goes. I’ll start itchy and bam loads come up. None I know is infected, none of my family have caught it either. And I really don’t leave the house much so very strange how and if I caught it. I was told to get petherin. Covered me, the kids and hubby in it. The next evening I was in agony with itching, it was the worst it had ever been. Loads more itchy spots.  So I called the docs and went back today. Different doctor. This doctors was adamant it wasn’t scabies - much to my relief. I’ve spent the last 1 days franticallly boil washing everything in sight and bleaching everywhere. So he gave me a prescription for a steroid cream and told me to get specific antihistamine tablet. Within a few hours I feel so much better, a lot of my rash has gone and is less itchy. I’m jut wondering now what on earth is it? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have some pics but no idea how to share them 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.