Does this look like skin cancer ??

Posted , 5 users are following.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

i have this on my lower back . does it look like something bad ??

• Posted

I am not sure what it is, but maybe make a video call with a dermatologist who would know. Hopefully it us nothing bad but just in case it is, you should probably get it checked.

• Posted

It looks like a Seborrhoeic wart. People in an older age bracket, ie over 40 are most likely to develop these and often on the back.They are not viral warts, and are benign, none of the wart treatments will do any good. They can be taken off by a doctor or dermatologist by freezing with liquid nitrogen or scraping under a local anaesthetic. Either treatment takes about 10 minutes.

If it spreads,itches, gets darker, bleeds, or you just want reassurance try to email your doctor with a photo, as you have done here.

• Posted

this could be cancer or actually i think its a wart get it checked out tho

• Posted

Get it checked out. At the very least you don't want something unsightly like that on your body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.