Does this look like vulvar melanoma?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have a mole on my labia that I first noticed about 4 years ago. I have my gynecologist look at it during my yearly exams, and she has always said it looks fine. Two days ago I noticed it had developed a black spot that I don’t remember seeing before. I'm concerned about the shape/border as well. I have no other symptoms like itching, bleeding, pain, etc. I have never been diagnosed with HPV or had an abnormal pap result. I know vulvar melanoma is rare, but the mole definitely looks suspicious to me. Does anyone know if this is what vulvar melanoma looks like? Is there something else it could be?

I do have an appointment with my PCP next week to see if he thinks I should go to a dermatologist, but in the meantime I can’t stop thinking about it! Everything I have researched says the prognosis for vulvar cancer is poor, and I’m only 26 years old.

Please, please offer any thoughts you have on this!!

imageimage

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi there asked your doctor to send you to a dermatologist as soon as possible they will know more about this and could remove this and do a biopsy of it I agree with the blackness in center could be a sign of cancer if it's not normally like that

• Posted

It would be extremely unlikely to be that. We all have weird moles and things on our bodies.

Get it checked out to ease your anxiety but stop googling horror stories.

• Edited

Thanks for your responses. I had a biopsy done at the gynecologist this morning - so just have to wait and see what results are.

• Posted

ap617 how did you get on was biopsy results good

• Edited

I was wondering how your biopsy results turned out. I just recently found several dark round spots on my labia that look very similiar to your photo.

• Posted

hi there .

I also have the same problem . The melanated moles are growing bigger . I thought it was just my skin since i have a lot of birthmarks and moles in my skin . I googled it and I fear it may be VULVAr MElanoma. since most of the moles are irregular shapes and spread.

I hope she responds 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.