Does this mean PPI working slowly?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there,

I started PPI on my 6th/7th day. The burning feeling is still coming and going and slightly a bit less but then it comes more after i eat. Does this mean PPI is working and i will just have to give it few more days to work? I am feeling so desperate. Feeling miserable sad Trying to stay calm...

Thanks

Tina

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Are you feeling a burning sensation in your throat
    • Posted

You are probably still eating foods with a low ph level which will cause your throat to burn and not heal. I had the same problem and followed the Acid Watchers Diet. You eat only from a list of a ph above 5. So the food is more alkaline and not acidic. There's a 28 day healing phase and it's helped me a lot. I'm on to the maintenance phase now. No more throat burn. There's also a website group with the same name. I hope this helps!! As you start adding foods back into your diet after the 28 days you'll learn which foods are your trigger foods too. You're throat won't get as sore but you can tell that it will feel a bit irritated. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.