Does this med affect the liver?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi folks,

I recently had a blood test and it showed that my liver panels were higher than normal. Does this med raise liver functions/numbers? I took my last pill over a month ago. I feel fine and life is ok, but my dr is nervous about my elevated liver numbers.

I have never had high liver enzymes before and I can only guess that this med could be the reason.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

thats what i noticed after taking this med my liver enzyme rise also and creatinine. but im not a dr to judge it. there still a lot to condsider about livers function and kidneys so what will i do is to have another lab test again next month i showed my last result to my gp but she didnt prescribe me anything for that liver enzyme and creatinine instead she want me to try diet and exercise and eat healthy food which is im doing for the past 2 weeks now little by little im doing good without this med. i think we should communicate always with our dr and if your not comfortable about your dr you can vist other dr as well and ask for other opinions
  • Posted

Hi, I agree with you that this raise in liver enzymes could have been caused through this med. I would suggest that you eat healthy, and exercise as usual and hopefully your body should return back to normal liver levels. Your Dr is reviewing your liver count so you are in good hands. Maybe have a look at liver cleansing herbs/teas to help. I wish you well.

• Posted

I am a fir person and go to the gym almost 7 days a week, lift + cardio.  My Dr looks at me in a weird way saying "How can someone like you, that doesnt drink, smoke, no drugs and does not eat bad have abnormal liver values?"

I attributing this higher liver count to this med possibly. It's been over a month and my numbers were higher but not super dangerous.  I had another full panel liver blood test yesterday. I will see how those numbers look and do another test in 1-2 months. I am amazed just how horrible this med truly is. Bless all of you that are trying to get off this garbage. My diet has totally been revamped as well. 

• Posted

My understanding is that the liver has to filter every substance that we put into our bodies that is not water soluble, and that medicines (which contain chemicals) are certainly filtered by the liver.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.