Does this site have a chat room or do you go to a chat room??

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does patient.info have a chat room?  Or do you guys go to a chat room, it would be nice to talk real time to others in the same boat.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Good idea but could be tricky with time, as people are from all over the world. I am in Aus, where are you?
    • Posted

Mammalu I am also in Australia and yes time difference is vast so here while we sleep everyone else active.  I say active with tongue in cheek. I'm now trying to sleep my rehab time away. So bored and plain annoyed with myself. Did too much yesterday and plate and screws burn today. 

• Posted

I'm not able to sleep'. I wish I could . I hope I can at some point! Two weeks post surgery. I live In West Texas. Today is my two week follow up-- stitches coming out . Hope it doesn't hurt too bad . I'm so done with pain and discomfort! I'm off Rx pain meds and so I'm feeling the sharp shooting and weird aches in foot ankle and leg ... it keeps me up. It hurts but I got off the Hydrocodone bc it comstipated me too much.

• Posted

Oh I've been where you are and never want to go back staple removal wasn't as bad as my mind conjured up. Shooting pain for me was like being spasmodically tazared up the wound site. Was so painful I'm sure I developed Tourette's. Cause was nerve damage but at  16 weeks is oh so much better. I don't think I slept longer than 30 mins ar a time for first few weeks. Peed every half hour hives in every place on my body and I mean every place vomiting then maxalon to stop vomit allergic reactions to every med I took constipation then tap ass from meds so I put up with pain. Used cool and heat elevation for pain. Warm pear juice for constipation life was a mess but it is a lot better once i mentally accepted the situation and futility I exersize foot and have most mobility except being able to tip toe on injured foot just can't lift heal off floor without both feet on ground. The mind is a powerful tool. All I can say Christina is accept what you can't do. Do what you can. This forum has been my sanity and lifesaver 

• Posted

I can't sleep either, but not because of pain, I find I am just not very tired, maybe because I don't do anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.