Does this sound like a fissure?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm female and sixteen years old if that makes a difference. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm not sure where else to post it. I'm just really worried. 

This is pretty embarrassing, but I just passed a large (for me at least) bowel movement, and when I wiped there was blood. It was bright red so the blood was fresh and nothing about my stool was abnormal. It wasn't a lot of blood but enough to spook me. (I have anxiety as well) 

I went again a bit later and it stung, but there was no more blood. It still kind of stings down there. I used to get fissures a lot when I was a kid which makes me think that's what this is, but I'm just really worried and wanted to see what you guys think considering how long it's been since I've dealt with fissures. Any ideas? sad 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

We are all here to help x

Yes it could be especially seeing’s you’ve suffered as a child 

You will need to see a doctor to confirm 

Meanwhile - lots of veggies , water - warm baths to your bum 

I put coconut oil in mine - I have a sitz bath which is a bowel on top of toilet - every bowel movement I sit in the sitz bath 

Doctor can give you cream do you live with your mom ?? Family ?

• Posted

Hi Adrian  it might be fissure or piles. But don’t worry alote instead think what you eat. Your body at this stage will fight it off , but this is weak up call . I had mine blood or warning in my younger years I kind of ignore it. 20 years later end up with chronic anal fissure. Opp etc.... keep high fibre diet, eat alote of salad fruits,water minimum 3 litres a day . Have site bath twice a day. Be active do excesize be positive try to relax . Listen to music. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.