Does this sound like a fissure. At my wits end and in agony.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys, 39 year old male from England. I went to my GP about 6 weeks ago, due to anal pain, and what can only be described as an internal pressure. He had a look/feel and diagnosed piles and said I had two fissures.

Roll on to the last week and I've been in and out of hospital (xmas day)and a local GP due to mine being closed. They have all said I need a referral but didn't suggest the pain would be from a fissure. I have no pain going to the toilet as stools pass through but have an internal pain and pressure that seems to be there all day. GTN helps a little, and so does drinking alcohol. It doesn't hurt to sit or lie down.

I'm struggling to get on with my day, normal pain killers aren't touching it and I'm worried it is something more serious. I've got an appointment with a Colorectal consultant in two weeks and even this wait seems too far away.

Does this sound like a fissure? I'm just a little bewildered because the pain is there all day, but not when pooping.

Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

i m glad that u have no problems from fissure and piles ,internal pressure may be due to internal piles ,if u feel the pressure after pooping and internal pain , it's nothing more than it's because u r not able to poop fully due to spasms from fissure ,until u treat fissure this will continue,so i recommend nifepidine based ointment ,milk of magnesia to keep stools soft,well it would be difficult but persist with it,best of luck

• Posted

the dr yesterday used a proctoscope and said he could see a purple pile inside. I just found it strange that i have no pain during the bowel movement. I have tried a hot water bottle today for the first time and that seems to help.

• Posted

The pain IS quite awful and, unfortunately, often relentless.

I suffered with my fissure for over a year before it eventually healed to a stage where it is bearable and I can live life normally.

I also found relief in alcohol (large gulps of whiskey which I am sure isn't a great solution) as it did tend to relax the spasm which is the pressure you describe and also the horrible pain.

I also found relief from coconut oil although the first ten minutes of the first application was "interesting". After that ten minute period my pain disappeared completely for quite a while. The relief was incredible, like a miracle - I actually cried with the relief.

I continued applying the oil each morning and after every BM thereafter and, very gradually, the pain lessened and finally seems to have disappeared.

I am now working hard at keeping fissure free.

Finally, do not feel guilty about complaining about the pain as I have suffered a lot of pain over the years from sporting injuries and motorcycle accidents but this was the only one that had me seriously considering suicide. The pain is chronic and severe - I don't want to go back there.

Good luck.

• Posted

hi mate, it definitely sounds like an anal fissure but your surgeon or doctor should be able to tell you for sure. the pain can be horrific I’ve been dealing with one for 12 months and just had L I S surgery and I didn’t have pain whilst going to the toilet it always happen afterwards. good luck

• Posted

daz, how would you describe your pain? the pain I have is pretty much there all the time and feels like a dragging pressure pain, rather than a sharp or throbbing pain. Almost like you're need a huge bowel movement all the time.

• Posted

the pain has been chronic agony unbearable pain. sharp, throbbing pain. like being bitten inside your arse by a bee!!! The last year has been the worst year off my life. I could I could go to work I couldn’t drive a vehicle at times not go to work I couldn’t drive a vehicle at times! BOTOX did nothing, made it worse if anything. My suggestions are eat lots of Fibre, lubricate before going to the toilet, sit in a hot salt bar afterwards or at the least a hot shower, if you can, install a bum washer instead of wiping I think this is a great thing to do! The absolute best thing in the world for me was a hot wheat bag, its easier than a water bottle too. I could not have lived through it without one and i mean exactly that!!! Try all the creams you can, i even mixed some together in complete desperation. Your first step is to see what you have going on up there! I had haemorrhoids but that wasn’t causing the pain. If everything doesn’t work and you have an anal fissure get the LIS surgery and don’t listen to anyone else !!! I'm not cured but 70% less pain now. 3 months since surgery. The fissure is there but only painful when im on the toilet too long

• Posted

sorry about weird typos. i was using voice to text a bit. NEVER PUSH HARD when you go to the toilet! If you need to, take stool softeners, remember never push hard this will also heal your haemorrhoids which should never be operated on!

• Posted

That's a different pain to what I'm experiencing. Mine feels like a dull dragging pressure sort of pain, so maybe it's something else. I'm considering coughing up the money to see a consultant as I'm really struggling and my referral isn't for a few weeks. The bath and hot water bottle seem to help but today I've noticed a bit of numbness in my genitals so maybe I'm overdoing the heat therapy.

Thanks for the advice Daz.

• Posted

I did do a full reply but it's been waiting to be moderated for 22 hours now.

God knows what I said to require that type of examination !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.