Does this sound like a Mixed 'state' or 'episode'?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I've failed miserably on SSRI's over the past two years.  I've tried eight different drugs between ssris/snris/and a few off labels.  I was taking Lamictal 12.5mg for 6 days, and around day 3, an all too familiar feeling hit me.  I was in bed, exhausted, yet extremely agitated and almost crawling out of my skin.  I had to work, so I forced a MG of Xanax down my throat and it cleared up.  Fast forward a few days later, and for almost 12 hours, I cried on and off.  I felt like I had to exercise to get some of it out of me, so I'm just holding as heavy as weights as possible while crying/agitated.  Nothing could get the feeling out.  After I exercised, the agitation decreased somewhat, but this absolute soul crushing depression was there.  Couldn't stop crying, feeling cut off and void of all positive feelings, yet my mind wouldn't stop thinking of "S".  Told my parents to check me into a hospital if it got any worse, because I was starting not to trust myself.  This has happened when starting Zoloft & Effexor also.  Prozac put me into an almost crazed rage, luckily I stopped it in time.  I talked to my psych immediately and have an appointment coming up.  He is the last person to just throw labels around, and he said, "Stop the Lamictal until we see each other, you were on such a low dose that we could easily jump to 25 if we wanted and start over, but what I think you're experiencing here is Mixed Episodes.  They're the worst/most intense kind of mood episode to have.  Can you come x?"

Does this sound familiar at all?  Any answers are GREATLY appreciated.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I've been diagnosed for approximately 10 yrs now and this past two years I've been classed as a rapid cycler, it's sometimes very hard to deal with as I can fine one minute then not the next, my meds have been tweeked a lot and no I'm not so bad gone a couple of months without having too much disruption. Go back to care professional and log everything xx

• Posted

Hiya i am rapid cycler and i found effexor made me worse and caused severe mixed episodes ,full of energy yet uncontrolable crying yet happy as larry i am off the effexor and on quetiapine and it to me is a magic pill my rapid cycling still happens but less frequent and less severe it stops my anxiety and panic attacks whih made my moods more intense id speak with your doc effexor is a good drug for lifting moods quick but sometime its not good for some people it wasnt for me cause me to rapid cycle more, mania and mixed episode and one hell of a crash hope you are ok and get on the correct meds its only took me 20 odd years to find one that suits me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.