Does this sound like arthritis, please let me know

Posted , 2 users are following.

Five years ago i had terrible lower back pain in spine which would spread from right to left in lumber region, it would not ease with cocodomol or tramodol, the only temporary ease was heat pads or hot water bottles, eventually put on steroid injections which helped, but now it's come back but now also in top of hips and in buttocks and tail bone, steroids not working either, the pain in lower spine burns and the pain everywhere else aches, hips seem to sting and get worse if I roll on them, nothing seems to work, tramodol and gabatentin and a nsaids take edge off but the only thing that really helps is dysapram but can't have that long as doc says too addictive, has anyone else had this pain or similar and what is it, please help

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do you think you may have an entrapped nerve or nerves somewhere?  That can cause severe pain, which can also feel like a burning sensation.  Could be something going on with your spine.  Have you had it x-rayed?  If that appears to be the problem a physiotherapist can probably help you.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, as it could be something like that as if it's the spine I think it could lead to rib pain too because of the nerves

• Posted

I hope you find the cause soon, and some exercises to help.  You really don't want to have to rely on painkillers for chronic pain - better to get to the root of the problem and try to sort it out.  Hope you can get some really good medical guidance on this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.