Does this sound like CFS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I first fell ill on the 5th April, later on in the month I got diagnosed with glandular fever but further tests showed that I couldn’t have really had this. I had a low grade fever, loss of appetite, nausea and stomach pains. Fast forward to now and I still get the same but I am much more tired. This has been going on for 7 weeks now and I have had many blood tests which have all come back normal. Does this sound like CFS? I have also been getting regular headaches the last 5 days. 

Thanks 

Paige 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I’ve also had a period of good and bad days, days where I’ve felt fine and like myself and then days like today where I have nausea, a slight fever and feel very tired 
  • Posted

Dear paige,

Well of course I can't say or diagnose, but I have had something vaguely similar and am now in my 10th week. Did your ailment start very suddenly, and were you fit and well before? Some of your symptoms sound very like mine, except I had no fever at all, ever. And I did have heart symptoms too. But everyone is different.

I am not any kind of expert on CFS, as others might be here, and they may be able to help and advise you much better than I can. But I was driven to investigate everything by what happened to me. Like you, my medical tests all came back "normal". The doctor suspected it had to be a virus. I felt like I was poisoned and/or electromagnetic radiation or something! Yes I was driven that far!

It felt like no "flu" I'd ever had, and lingered on and on; kept going away a bit for 24 hours, then coming back etc.

I am still not quite sure it is CFS. So I may be the wrong person to ask. In my case it might have been a very peculiar virus....I don't know yet. Time will tell. But if so, that may mean something like this is going around.

Be very respectful of your body's need for serious rest during this. I am an active fit person who lives alone and has to work hard but was laid flat on my back many days listening to music, and had many "funny turns". If people around you don't understand then that is their loss. You will have to explain it to them and hope they understand.

I wish you well indeed and hope you will start to feel at least a little bit better soon.

• Posted

Hi Sylvia,

Yes i was fit and well before but i suffered with anxiety, the same as i do now but with depression too. When you say it “kept going away for a bit then coming back” that sounds soo familar! Some days i have felt exactly like myself and have been able to go out shopping etc (although still feeling tired) but then other days its like the flu symptoms come back! Headaches, sore throat, dizziness , tiredness. I am stuck looking for answers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.