Does this sound like CFS?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been feeling somewhat unwell for nearly 3 months now, I got told that I had a glandular fever type virus and have been under a lot of stress. Recently I have this thing that happens when I wake up - I feel so tired and achey as soon as I wake up, aswell as feeling fluey, with achey glands in my neck and this goes away in about an hour. I have also developed headaches and a sore throat. Does this sound like CFS?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If the tiredness is persistent during the day I would say yes. But you'd need to have it checked. If you do have ME?CFS, it is important that you know so you can pace yourself.

• Posted

The symptoms you describe could be any number of illnesses or issues really.

CFS generally has some specific ones. Look up the criteria for CFS diagnosis/symptoms and get bloods and tests done at your Dr's.

• Posted

Ive had gf for 10 months and still have fatigue, dont stress yourself out with the idea of cfs and rest as much as possible. Go to the glandular fever forum and ask for some advice for getting better we are all very lovely and supportivesmile
  • Posted

Yes, it could well be. Especially since you mention a sore throat. That was a key symptom when ME/CFS started for me. But if you've only felt unwell for 3 months, you have every chance of recovery. It's critical in this early stage to take it very easy and not push yourself. Get plenty of rest, and do whatever you can to de-stress. Stress can greatly exacerbate this illness.

• Posted

Do what Jackie says and take an antiviral now such as valacyclovir. I waited to many years and it wouldnt work. Eat alot of anti epstein barr foods. Heres a list. Wild blueberries

Celery

Sprouts

Asparagus

Spinach

Cilantro

Parsley

Coconut oil

Garlic

Ginger

Raspberries

Lettuce

Papayas

Apricots

Pomegranates

Grapefruit

Kale

Sweet Potatoes

Cucumbers

Fennel

Best of luck.

• Posted

I’m not properly diagnosed but my GP said it’s likely I have CFS.

I get sore throats allllll the time like every week, my glands start aching and come up when it gets to the end of the week, i catch things easily if I’m tired, really fatigued and could sleep allllll day, headaches etc... I’ve had blood tests and all sorts so I guess it’s the only answer really?? Im struggling this year more than ever because I had pleurisy which exacerbated my symptoms and now have a broken foot which seems to take all my body’s energy up in healing or whatever.

Bleurgh I know they say rest but I feel I get better when I do bits of exercise so I do 2 classes a week.

Someone also mentioned fibromyalgia to me because I have overly flexible joints. Who knows!!x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.