Does this sound like CFS/ME? So lost :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I'm a 25 year old male, who studies full-time on a daily basis.

I have had rotating symptoms for a year and a half now, which does not cease.

I have performed all the tests that have been offered to me but none picked up any problem. Blood tests, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, x-ray on shoulder blade, and a CT scan (abdomen).

my symptoms consist of constant loose stools, nausea, pain in the left shoulder blade and, fatigue and a feeling of fever / chills. Of all these symptoms, there are only 1 - 2 symptoms that are persistent at a time. E.g now i struggle with fatigue and nausea, but 2 months ago i struggled with left shoulder blade pain and feeling of fever / chills, cold hands/feet, and so they rotate month to month. When a new symptom occurs, the earlier disappears.

I do struggle with anxiety from time to time. Health anxiety / GAD.

Right now im feeling tired during the day. Like i want to sleep but i can't, i sometimes need to lay down in my bed because im so tired. I have no problems sleeping during the night. I can still go to the gym 5 times /week and i don't feel physically exhausted. The tiredness seems to get better when i focus on something else. I had this exact feeling lasting for about 1 month at two earlier occasions within 1.5 years, which eventually disappeared.

Does this sound like CFS/ME?

Since my samples and examinations have not shown anything, I now consider if CFS/ME could be the case?

Clearly something is going on and i can't keep living like this.

Any input / thought about this is very much appreciated!

Take care!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

A lot of these symptoms sound like they are related to gallbladder.

Add in anxiety issues and it can magnify it.

If you could post up the blood tests they have done may also help it could be they are not testing fro everything one that is missed a fair bit is thyroid.

• Posted

Hi there,

was there a trigger to your symptoms? cfs/me usually has a trigger that overwhelms your body such as a virus, surgery, pregnancy, other trauma etc

other causes could be low iron or low b12, thyroid issues or various other conditions so, I would keep up with it at your GP's if all tests are clear, ask for a referral to the cfs/me clinic and see what they say.

B

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.