Does this sound like chronic appendicitis ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm hoping someone could help me and stop me worrying so much ! For the past four months I have been getting pain in my right hip radiating towards the back , in the groin area and also down my leg , my hip feels like it locks at times and pops and it's then really painful I have been to the doctors and he said it sounds like its muscular and to come back if it got worse doing my own research online I think it sounds very similar to sciatica . However with the hip pain I have also had weird pains in tummy it's kind of a sharp pain that comes and goes it last from like 5 seconds to about 30 seconds I feel the pain on both the left and the right side but more on the right which is why I'm asking about appendicitis ! I suffer really badly with anxiety , OCD and also IBS and everytime I get the pain in my belly I go into complete panic mode and I have even worked myself up so much over the pain being appendicitis that I have had a panic attack ! I haven't had any of symptoms of appendicitis but I'm do scared ! I just wondered what you guys thought ! Sorry it's so long trying to explain myself as well as I can I'm hoping someone could help me and stop me worrying so much ! For the past four months I have been getting pain in my right hip radiating towards the back , in the groin area and also down my leg , my hip feels like it locks at times and pops and it's then really painful I have been to the doctors and he said it sounds like its muscular and to come back if it got worse doing my own research online I think it sounds very similar to sciatica . However with the hip pain I have also had weird pains in tummy it's kind of a sharp pain that comes and goes it last from like 5 seconds to about 30 seconds I feel the pain on both the left and the right side but more on the right which is why I'm asking about appendicitis ! I suffer really badly with anxiety , OCD and also IBS and everytime I get the pain in my belly I go into complete panic mode and I have even worked myself up so much over the pain being appendicitis that I have had a panic attack ! I haven't had any of symptoms of appendicitis but I'm do scared ! I just wondered what you guys thought ! Sorry it's so long trying to explain myself as well as I can , should have added that when I went doctors he had a really good feel of my tummy and got me to do things like touch my toes to see if it made the pain come which it didn't

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I'm 3 days post op after my appendix have been removed. I haven't been well for about 5 months. I don't know if out cases are the same but I suffer with displacier in both hips. However my right hip is my better one. I do limp from time to time but the last few months I've been terrible, also I've been plagued with a terrible lower back pain, groin pain and shooting pain down my right leg. I've visited the doctors loads and also the consultants to stress these problems. Because I have hip problems they assume this is what's wrong. However, since being doubled up in pain and hospitalised twice in 3 months they finally did blood tests and a CT scan which showed my appendix being in flamed. I'm hoping that this has been the root of all my problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.