Does this sound like coeliac???

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi. Ive recently been noticing symptoms after eating thing like pasta, bread etc, typically things with wheat in it! After consuming something with gluten i feel only what i can describe as a heavy chest, i am aware of my heart beating and it feel most times like its racing! I feel sluggish, tired, achy like im going to be floored with the cold but nothing ever comes of it. I get stomach symptoms but most times mild and end up running to the toilet, my problem is more with the other symptoms. I was diagnosed with anxiety in january (ive never had anxiety before) and this anxiety is bad, i literally just woke up one day with it!! Now im starting to think maybe the racing heart etc, which is mainly what send me into a panic, is actually something to do with gluten? Ive had a blood test done but have a feeling its going to be negative although i have every symptom of it, even mouth ulcers alot of the time! someone please help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

hi meghan, who said this wasn't coeliac disease? one of the signs is in your last sentence, you most probably have coeliac disease. do you get the ulcers once you've eaten wheat, rye or barley? it's the biggest give away. try an experiment have some gluten free stuff like bread and see what happens. if your doctor says not coeliac disease ask for a biopsy and camera. they will see if your bowel is flat or bumpy. poor you! if you go online there's a number for coeliac UK, contact them they will help. good luck, at least if you've been poorly for a while you'll now know why.

• Posted

thank you! when i phoned the doctor she told me over the phone it doesnt sound like that typical!! she said the aches and stuff dont add up most people just get sore stomachs. I told her i did a lot of research on it and everything is pointing right to that. I will do just that! I stopped eating gluten for about a week then restarted just before my bloods which is why i think it will possibly he negative. When i dont eat gluten im fine, when i do all these symptoms appear. I havent actually noticed if the ulcers come after eating wheat etc, will have to keep an eye out for that! Thanks for your reply, i will have a look.

• Posted

good luck and no problem giving the information as i have been diagnosed then attended a coeliac awareness course i remember a really young guy on there who hadn't been diagnosed but he had horrendous ulcers, if your doctor doesn't seem to know what they're on about ask for a second opinion. once you're diagnosed it's easier. do you eat meat or fish?

• Posted

i certainly will! thanks! i do eat meat and sometimes but hardly ever eat fish.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.