Does this sound like diabetes?

Posted , 8 users are following.

So for the past few days I've been having shaking symptoms, not just of my hands but it feels like my entire body is sorta vibrating, it happens even if I have eaten or not. It does seem to go away for a bit if I eat something sugary. However it's not long before it comes back, I'm also experiencing weird feeling in my legs like cold feet. Never had a blood test for diabetes, I had a blood test at the end of last year but it was to check for any problem with my heart. Nothing was found then, would diabetes have shown? Even if they weren't looking for it? A weird thing was the other day, my hands and body were shaking. I was making a jam sandwich but I never got to eat it I had to go to my sister's house. I had stopped shaking by the time I got there and was alright? I don't get Dizzy or anything and I've never passed out yet (yl touch wood I dont) but I don't know what's going on or how to even begin to explain it to a doctor.. guidance?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I would go the doctors and ask for a blood test or if u are in uk go lloyds chemist or boots chemist they offer free testing
    • Posted

Alright. I'm gonna have to. When I started this post I wasn't shaking.. now I am again. Just ate the rest of a bit of a chocolate bar and it will subside for a bit. Hope I don't die during the night. I don't know how serious diabetes can get.
    • Posted

You certainly will not die from diabetes itself overnight. In fact, it is very rare to die from diabetes itself, more likely people with diabetes die from the complications of it such as kidney disease. You are unlikely to find Lloyds/Boots open today but go first thing tomorrow and find out one way or another. My prayers are with you
  • Posted

Here in the US you do not need a perscription to get testing supplies.  The other suggestion on going some place and get it done for free is good, However a single number is not much help. I suggest that you start testing in the mornings, and get to your Dr as soon as possible.  Have them run and A1C or what ever it is on the other side of the pond. And A1C is basically a 3 month average of your BS. (blood sugar)
    • Posted

hi do you know what A1C stands for so i can look it up in the uk 
    • Posted

In the UK we usually refer to it as 'HbA1c' -  Hb = haemoglobin.
    • Posted

And does it give a 3 month average of your blood suger jane
  • Posted

Visit your GP. Don't want to scare you but there are other causes of shaking. Just get checked out.
  • Posted

Thanks a bunch for all the replies, I'm gonna go to the GP tomorrow and get a diabetes test, I've been alright for most of today, seems to have subsided for now, however I don't care if I don't get any symptoms I want this looked at regardless. Thanks for the reassurance that I won't die too Gill 😫
    • Posted

Good luck at the GP. Let us know how you get on.
    • Posted

I missed my chance for an appointment but looking over my symptoms again I think it could be hypoglycemia.
    • Posted

Hi! have you experience some other symptoms? 

i was diagnosed with pre-diabetic. my GP didnt give me any meds just exercise and less sweet less carb. but with busy schedule, exercise is impossible. i sometimes experience weakness when i missed breakfast, or weakness when i over eat. 

i also experience the shaking thing. my hands and upper body where shaking coz i missed breakfast and lunch. now every meal i feel sleepy. 

my latest BS test was 106.14 mg/dl fasting sugar (nov 2015). i was 103 mg/dl september 2015. 

im worried i have that kind of symptoms as type 2 diabetes, though my GP said my chances of getting type 2 is very low since none in the family has it.

will have my BS fasting sugar test again end of january... hoping it dropped... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.