Does this sound like diverticulitis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Out of nowhere I got a really sharp pain on my left lower abdomen. It can feel like it’s gone away but it comes back if I move. It can get really painful to the point that it’s hard to move. It’s also painful if I press on my abdomen on the area right next to my left hip bone. I also notice I’m having some gas. Other than that, I don’t have any other symptoms at all.

The pain has been going on and off for about 4 to 5 hours. I fell asleep, but when I moved to turned around, it got extremely painful. When i’m having the pain, it seems to get worse if I exhale or inhale deeply.

Does this sound diverticulitis?

Thank you,

Kira

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Possibly.  Diverticulitis which is just inflammation is much as you describe.  Diverticulitis with infection is usually accompanied with fever/chills, swamping pains which come in waves, altered bowel movements, blood/mucus in stool, feeling lousy or some combination of these.  Suggest you stick to liquids only for the time being, but if it does not clear up in 48 hours or gets worse then you need to see a doctor
  • Posted

It could be - are you running a fever.  Try going to a liquid diet and see if that helps.  Could also be an ovarian cyst - they can be extremely painful, also.

• Posted

Not to me. It could be a bad gas pocket but I’m just guessing because gas pain can be worse exhaling or inhaling.  Watch it.  If you don’t feel better get it checked.
  • Posted

Hi Mira

Not sure honey. If the main continues I would see a Dr.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.