does this sound like Fibro?

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello, my name is haydee and i am 34 years old. For the last 2 years i would say i have been having these muscle twitches all over my body it started out in my back, i would feel small twitches all over it. Then it moved to my back and legs as well, now they are all over, no pain just annoying twitches. I also have muscle fatigue, where i would feel like to just worked out my upper body but in reality didn't do anything. I have pains in my chest wall (i had cardio test they were all clear), buzzing sensations all over the body, chronic back pain, balance issues now, off balance/ dizzy i guess you can say. i have other symptoms as well but just need for peace of mind if these sound like Fibro? thanks for taking the time to read this, it means a lot to me smile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi hHaydee,

Ive had fibro for 25 years. The symptoms you described all sound familiar. My muscles are very irritable. Many days I can't stand to be touched as my muscles jump at any stimulation. I was always very strong and worked out regularly. Now just making my bed fatigues my arm muscles. For years I worked through it and gutted it out. I can't do that any longer. In retrospect I should have been more gentle with myself. I became angry because no one understood and I gave in to their expectations of what I could do. Pride was also an issue. I refused to think I couldn't do it all. As a side note, anger and depression seem to be the emotional side of fibro. Once I dealt with them not only am I my happy self again, but I deal much better with the pain. 

Everyone's fibro journey is individual even though our symptoms are similar. If what you have does turn out to be fibro, my suggestion is listen to what works for others. Then figure out what works for you and go with it.Continue to work closely with your MD so that you don't write off every new symptom as fibro.

Wishing you a blessed day,

Jackie

• Posted

Sure sounds familiar Haydee. We can get the weirdest, oddest, even scary symptoms at times. Try to get a proper evaluation from a Rheumatologist. It could very well be Fibromyalgia. I find that our nervous system seems to be attacked by this conditon as well and we do get strange sensations at times. You are not alone girl! Maggie x
  • Posted

It could be fibromyalgia but are you on any medication that the twitches  could be a side effect? I’m on a medication for my fibromyalgia that will cause me to twitch if I’m late taking my medication. It’s a side effect of my medication . I wish I could get off of it but the pain is too bad wirhout it.
    • Posted

the only medication i am on is synthroid and i have been taking that for about 5 years now. 
  • Posted

Hello haydee1984

I know how anxious you must feel ....it's worrying having all those symptoms and not knowing what they are or why you have them ...i found that over time you begin to recognise the same symptoms and associate them with fibro which helps with the worry and makes it a bit easier on the mind. I've get a few of the symptoms you describe ...we don't all get the same or every symptom. I hope this helps your peace of mind a bit.

• Posted

it does a little to be honest smile thank you. i have an appointment with my Doctor in November so i will discuss it with her then, unless it gets worse then i will have to call and make a sooner appointment. it stinks that im going through this at 34 years old too rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.