Does this sound like gallstones/gallbladder related?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I was just after some experiences. 

For 3 years I have suffered with what I thought/was told was indigestion but after talking to some friends I'm not so sure anymore.

When it first started all of a sudden one night when my daughter was 2 the pain woke me from sleep and it was awful I thought something was going to burst, it didn't matter what I did nothing helped. It went on every night for a few days so I went to the doctor and she tested for h pylori (negative) and gave me lansoprazole incase it was an ulcer, they didn't help. I went to a&e but was just dismissed as indigestion and given Peptac liquid this didn't help either.  When I was eating I was feeling full quickly and quite nauseated so the doctor gave me anti sickness tablets which stopped me feeling full quickly and now I can eat a full meal again ever since.

Eventually the pains went away and life continued but then I'd go weeks with no pains then a burning would start in the pit of my stomach, this would go on for a few weeks then either lead to an attack or just stop.

So basically I get weeks where I just have a burning in the pit of my stomach that is uncomfortable but  bare able and sometimes I get these attacks where I am doubled over in agony lasting anywhere from An hour to 4 hours.

The pain is between my breast bone and belly button right in the middle but lately I have been getting pain under right ribs and middle back pain accompanied by the burning.

The last bad attack I had was last year when I was 16 weeks pregnant, again it woke me up and it felt like a vice around my ribs, again nothing would help until I had to go to a&e convinced something was wrong with baby but by the time I got there it had stopped so again I was sent home with indigestion.

For the past week and a half I have again had the burning in my stomach and  rib pain plus a burning feeling down my right ribs at one point but it hasn't come to anything, I have also just been feeling generally unwell, dizzy, headaches, middle back pain. 

During a bad attack I feel like if I could be sick I'd feel better but I can't be and if I try to make myself I just dry heave or get that horrible watery stuff in my mouth.  I pace the floors and rock in a ball until it passes, there is no way I could sleep.

Now finally I am awaiting an appointment for a scan to see of it is stones but I  just wanted some other experiences and symptoms people had as I don't think all of mine are classic symptoms but I do realise they affect people differently. My doctor told me I was too younger stones. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh forgot to add that during an attack my heart races and I get all clammy.
  • Posted

Well Lgl88, I have suffered every pain you are describing . After test after test, a ultrasound showed gallstones. So now waiting till the end of this month for surgery, just trying to eat barely nothing. A lot of water helps and no fat, is making it ( some days) bearable .

Hope you get relief soon .

G ail

• Posted

Hi Gail so what were your symptoms?

last night had the most awful back pain in the middle do my back where my bra strap sits it was just to the left of my spine, a lot of my stabbing pains occur in the left rib area as well as the right and my sister in law just had her gallbladder out a few days ago after it becoming inflamed and she said she mostly had back pain and a pain in the left ribs, from what I've read on here and other sites some people do experience pain to the left.

• Posted

Hi Lg,

These recent  ones are pain or tightness right under my breast, in the middle, bottom right rib sore, burning , stabbing pain in the middle top of back. And when the attacks comes on, I sweat, weakness, trouble breathing , burping, heartburn , IBS and they come on with anything greasy, fatty, dairy, orange juice kills me. But you know, I have had this for years but didn't have time for it because I was raising  my  kids. But for 3 months before this last bad attack happened, I would eat and within 10 minutes I was in the bathroom. Just found out that is called " Dumping" which is related to gallstones.

I m just hoping I make it till the 22nd. I go in for  the post op this Thursday.

I hope you can get help soon. do you make too much for state to help out?  Look into everything so you can get help. Our gov. should  help everyone, like the other countries do.

Gail

• Posted

Hi Gail I'm

Getting all the symptoms U are and my doc thinks it gallstones but ultrasound showed nothing but my doc is sending me back to the hospital for a second opinion as I collapsed in his office xxxx

• Posted

Well I'm glad their really getting serious now. Let us know how it turns out.Did you really collapsed ?

Gail

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.