Does this sound like Gastritis?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So in a routine checkup I was diagnosed positive for Hpylori. I was asymptomatic but upon doctors recommendation I gave 7 days Tripple Therapy Antibiotics course a try. Upon second day of the course I developed strong upper stomach pain.

My Ultrasound and Blood reports are normal. Kindly please tell me do the following symptoms sound like gastritis or something else?

- I am experiencing severe pain after 7 days antibiotics course. It has been almost 4 months and I havent healed a bit. My main symptom is only severe pain, there is no acidity or burning symptom that most people talk about and this confuses me what could it be which is causing this pain?

- Severe upper stomach pain which is more focused on left upper stomach but moves to middle upper stomach

- Pain feels like getting punched in your solar plexus. Like you get severe pain but the focus of the pain is on upper stomach.

- Stomach feels swollen from inside when pain is worse.

- My whole middle back behind stomach is stiff and hurts from time to time. Left side back pain feels like it is directly connected to the pain the front upper left stomach pain.

- Stomach stiffens with pain or movement

- I cant work or do anything after antibiotics course the pain is so much that even a slight activity or movement aggravates it and I feel like I got punched in the stomach and this is continuous from the last almost 4 months.

- When the pain is worse I cant walk or talk without feeling the pain.

- I have tried ppi its almost two weeks but no result.

I am seriously confused what could it be thats causing so much pain. What damage has these antibiotics caused me? (Probiotics only helped with the bloating but pain is so severe and in the upper stomach so cant be directly related to gut bacteria)

Can gastritis be of this type that can cause severe punch like pain and pain alone without burning or acidity?

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi HumanBeing

To heal a stomach ulcer and a very sore gut you have to be careful what you are putting into your digestive system. Eat small healthy snacks throughout the day as small portions will not alert your stomach to produce high acidity which will occur when eating large meals...eat proteins fish chicken but no red meat.. fizzy drinks spicey foods sne citrus fruits. Drink herb teas such as chammomile or mint tea and add a little milk but don't drink it hot drink it warm.....you have to remember your gut has been ravaged by HPylori bacteria and will take take time to heal even though the antibiotics may have eradicated the HP.......

• Posted

Hpylori wasnt bothering me I was asymptomatic, antibiotics didnt kill the bacteria but antibiotics have nearly killed me, I cant do anything. Doing anything aggravates my pain and it has been almost 4 months. I eat very little and lost my appetite because of pain. I eat healthy and very little.
  • Posted

Sounds like you may have an ulcer, ask your doctor to refer you for an endoscopy, that’s how I found out I have Gastritis. I have had all sorts of pain with Gastritis, on top of heartburn/ indegestion, acid reflux. Antibiotics are terrible things when it comes to killing all your good bacteria, oil of oregano is more effective than antibiotics and Dosent have any side effects. You will probably have to adapt to an alkaline diet, to repair your stomach. 

• Posted

Pain aggravation after slight physical activity is really getting me worried, why the pain hasn't setteled in these months.

• Posted

I think ulcer pain is a fair bit different to pain from gastritis. Yes, I think it can be without the burning. You’d be better with an endoscopy, to rule out any ulcers or anything more serious. 
  • Posted

My upper stomach pain flares up extremely with slight activity. I just dont get it how can antibiotics cause me so much pain. Doctors have simple answers to every problem if its stomach either they call it gastritis or stress no matter how worse the situation is if your blood and ultrasound are normal then its labeled either as Gastritis or Stress.

How can these antibiotics cause so much severe pain I feel like I got punched and feel like dying. What worries me the most is why and how this pain worsens with just slight activity. I have strongly reacted to the antibiotics. The pain has not calmed down in the last 4 months or so.

If it feels slightly better it again aggravates with walking or even brushing my teeth. Whats going on has anybody experienced this? Does anyone have an answer?

• Posted

PPIs dont seem to be doing anything. I tried omperazile with no effect. Its the pain thats why it may not be working otherwise if it was acid related it might have worked?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.