Does this sound like HFS?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been experiencing a heavy upper right eye twitch since last September. It 95% of the time happens when: I do a long blink, get water in my eye, blink quickly or sneeze. some days are worse than others but if I am concentrating or super relaxed it sometimes doesn't happen. The spasms are on the top of my eye lid and feel strong around the whole eye area, but do not pull with my cheek or mouth.

I have spoken to my GP who has ordered an MRI but the wait is long and I am not sure whether this is a sign of HFS or anxiety. I have had blood tests, all fine apart from iron.

i also have twiching in other areas since my anxiety has increased but not like the eye, which is more of a spasm.

My question is - if you have HFS, what did the initial eye twotch feel like? how long did it last, or was it constant? could you always feel it in your face? did you have any other twitches?

thank you x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.