Does this sound like IBS? Doctors won't help.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Long story short -

I have sore abdominal pain (mainly lower right) that sometimes comes with gas. I've gotten stabbing pain sometimes. It sometimes moves to my sides, lower back, pelvic area, thighs. Usually in the back, pelvic area, and thighs, it feels more tingly. It started about four months ago. It lasted the first time for almost two weeks I believe. Now it's more of an on off thing, but has been recently happening more frequently lately; which has got me worried.

Doctors have done blood and stool tests for me, came up with nothing. I have asked for an ultrasound and they said it's not needed. I asked to see a GI and they said that's also not needed. I asked for a pelvic exam, also not needed. I'm getting so frustrated rolleyes

I would pick a different medical place but my insurance only lets me go here and I don't have the money to go to the emergency room (nor do I think they would accept me). This place should be shut down but I'm stuck.

I did some research and am hoping this is it but I was wondering about everyone else's symptoms.

I'm deathly scared of this being ovarian or cervical cancer. sad

Thank you all.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know exactly how you feel. I have also had blood tests and stool test but my GI doc told me she was still waiting on results. She said she wanted to limit other tests as she would prefer not to do them un -nessiarily. She did tell me to see a dietician which actually has just made me more confused, as I thought gluten might be a problem but she has told me not to cut it out of my diet.
    • Posted

Hi my doc told me the same I actually found eliminating dairy eases my symptoms and I eat a lot less gluten which does help with bloating

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.