does this sound like ibs please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

been struggling for around one year now i am 52 and have a condition called ankylosing spondilitis an immune issue causes inflamation . Around one year ago a sudden bowel change to very soft stools then alternating between near normal to very soft and sometimes mixed . Over the next couple of months lots of bloating ,wind and some acid reflux this continued for some time and pain started to be an issue in my lower right and lower left side of abdomen ( not always just pain also feeling uncomfortable ) my stomach also gives me issues sometimes . In recent weeks i have noticed a little weight loss a couple of kg in 4 or 5 weeks . there has been no blood loss or mucus in stools day to day is unpredictable i would say in the main my pain is mostly mild but annoying > thank you for taking time to read this any feed back would be welcome .

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have the same symptoms minus the weight loss. I believe that new symptoms should be checked by the doctor, if only for peace of mind.

• Posted

I have almost exact symptoms but very frequent urinating or poor streaming urination. Went to urologist but held off on antibiotics prescribed as he thought maybe prostatitis and, I do have large prostrate. I also have the frequent lower left abdominal gurgling, get bloated and have this dull pain right below my left scrotum and close to ilium area (close to rectum). Always never a well formed bowel movement, either dark and tarry or very slimy mucous-type poops. Many bowel movements in a day yet I only eat twice a day, no weight loss, no blood, no fever nor chills; these last 4 being big warning signs of something real serious. It seems all those organs, sigmoid colon, bladder, prostrate and intestines and their subsequent pressures and issues affect the others? Having colonoscopy and endoscopy in a few days and we shall see if something found. I have had polyps in a past colonoscopy as well diagnosed with diverticulitis once. Not sure if more than one condition, issues or disease going on. I wish you and the rest the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.