Does this sound like MS?

Posted , 2 users are following.

HELP! Sorry this is so long. So I’ve been pretty sick for 3 months now. Numerous problems. First acid reflux .. stomach problems...bowel problems..ovarian cysts. Now I’m having a worse problem. My left arm goes numb and tingles a lot and is weak. It hurts a lot and the pain radiates to shoulders and back. I also have reduced sensations of touch. Same thing happens to my fee and somtimes my leg. Sometimes I get it in my right arm but it’s mosly my left. I’ve been having some vision problems(blurish vision, pain behind eyes, dryness) as well as headaches everyday, nose and head pressure That makes me feel like I’m going to explode. Ear pain now and then. As well as confusion, forgetfulness and messing up words. I’m also excessively tired. I been having difficulty swallowing and pain in my neck and reacurring sore throat. I’ve thought about everything from thyroid problems to just being acid reflux to body pain from the way I sleep. I’ve look up just about every single problem. I’m going crazy. No doctor listens to me and says I neee counseling for anxiety but my health problems started 3 months ago and spiraled ever sense. Now I’m worried I have multiple Sclerosis or like a brain tumor. I doubt I’ll be able to get a MRI or CT scan.. any thoughts ? Opinions ? Can anyone relate to these symptoms? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Amburr

Sounds like you need an MRI of the brain.  Blood work too as possible Lyme Disease.  

Get an appointment made with a Neurologist.  Write down all your symptoms, when they started and how

long they last for.  Do they go away, come back, or just get worse??  Take your notes with you when you see 

the Neurologist.  Try to stay calm and explain your symptoms, ask questions, and get answers!  Peace of mind

is knowing what you have, so you can begin to deal with it.  Don't drive yourself crazy over this, make the appointment with the Neurologist and take the step to getting better.  Best Wishes Amburr    ~    Faith

• Posted

Hello thank you for responding. I’m really hoping i can get a referral to see a neurologist. I’ve been thinking about Lyme disease too because around the time I started having multiple problems I was bitten by some kind of bug. Only thing that didn’t happen was the bullseye mark. I want to definitely get some testing for it. My symptoms will sometime go away then come back and it’ll sometimes last for over an hour. I plan to get a new doctor ASAP if mine doesn’t listen to me again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.