Does this sound like my gallbladder? Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello there first time posting here hoping someone can help me!

just over 2 weeks ago i got a sudden pain in my back around my ribs on right hand side that got worse so went to the doctors who gave me painkillers i woke the next day feeling terrible so went walkin centre high temperture, fast heart rate generally feeling really rubbish checked my urine was fine and sent home! anyway fast forward a bit i ended up at a&e as my symptoms worsened i have a constant pain in my right back area around my ribs the side, shoulder and my stomach area sometimes feels like burning sometimes sharp stabbing i wake up with this pain sometimes is eases slightly and sometimes and extreme but always there dull they done a ct scan looking for kidney stones and said cant see any to go back to doctors! since yesterday my stomach is extremely swollen and bloated and exessive gas i feel my symptoms are getting worse but i dont feel like the doctors are listening to me not sure how much longer i can put up with this pain

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

HI Chloe! I hope you are feeling better. I am going through something very similar myself. I am waiting for a scan to check for gallstones. Just wondering did you get sorted since you last posted. Thanks so much.

• Edited

hi there i have not been back to the doctors i am learning to live with the pain but since friday i have been in agony im gonna call the doctors in the morning to tey and get a appointment. friday it felt like i was having comtractions in my stomach and today the pain around my right lower rib cage is agony heat helps a little ive also lost nearly stone in 2 weeks! hopefully you get it sorted i feel for you x

• Posted

That sounds awful Chloe! I hope you have some relief and you get sorted soon too! I have my scan tomorrow x

• Posted

Yes it dies sound like your gaulbladder and a ct scan does not show if your gaulbladder is functioning properly. Does the pain get worse after eating? Are you pooping greenish yellow watery or loose stools? vomitting? An ultrasound can show gaullstones and also when your gaulbladder is nor working properly. A HIDA SCAN is also a good test for gaulbladder issues. These tests can be ordered by your doctor. I went to the emergency room had a ct scan show nothing and demanded an ultrasound cause I knew it would confirm what I suspected, I got tje ultrasound was confirmed 3 stones and my gaulbladder was rapidly filling with stones and my gaulbladder completely stopped working.I was rushed to emergency laproscopic surgery. I had my gaulbladder removed laproscopic surgery is less painful than open surgery and most patients go home the same day with minimal or no pain. Rest for 24 hours do not lift over 10lbs until your surgeon tells you to. Shower 48 hours after surgery. Clear liquid no fat low fat for at least 2 weeks. Do not sleep on your sides,bend twist or lift after surgery until your surgeon tells you too. Do not drive until surgeon tells you to. Eat low fat no fat diet, avoid spicy foods. like baked chicken, plain white rice, steamed vegetables are good to eat, clear broth, water. You can do stairs after laproscopic surgery always consult your surgeon first. Avoid CHEESEBURGERS AND GROUND BEEF, ICE CREAM, CAKE, CORN SYRUP,COOKIES, HIGH FAT FOODS. LOW FAT CHEESES LIKE UNDER 4 GRAMS OF FAT AIM FOR LIKE 1 TO 2 GRAMS OR LESS. ALSO EAT SMALLER MEALS EVERY 2 HOURS INSTEAD OF HEAVY BIG MEALS. Most people do very well after laproscopic gaullbladder surgery. and usually feel better with minimal to no pain when they wake up. post op consult is usually 1 week later and at that time surgeon will check your microscopic incision usually 1 in belly button and one to the right side of belly button and one at the top of your abdomen very small. I encourage you to go to an emergency room and or consult your physician. I hope this helps you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.