Does This Sound Like PF

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone. I'm new here and this is the first time I'm seeking advice for this terrible pain in my feet. I think it's PF but I'm not sure and wondered if the people on here who have been confirmed with this awful complaint would be able to advise?

I get up in the morning and the first steps are so very painful that I can hardly get down the stairs but get slowly better as time goes by. I stood up for five hours solid yesterday and OMG am I suffering today. If say I do the ironing for a couple of hours then my feet feell like they are on fire and it's so painful to stand. The pain however isn't just in my heels. My feet hurt from my ankles down to the balls of my feeting. My toes seem fine though (bonus). Pain killers do not touch this pain. I did try shoe inserts but they didn't do anything and I've just read about rolling my foot across an iced bottle of water. A bottle is now in freezer lol. If I try and stretch my foot it feels so tight. does this sound like PF to you guys?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It certainly sounds like it to me - my ankles hurt also but maybe that is because we are walking in a difficult & tense manner. I do not know how you stood for 5 hrs!! My GP diagnosed me and I have to say through all he could at it in the way of pain releif I cortisone injections which I think has helped a little bit. A podietrist, who I know, has tested for other conditions but she also has diagnosed PF. My ver expensive ortho shoes have also helped. I now only wear these shoes. None of the gel heels or ortho soles made a scrap of difference - just a waste of money. The shoes I bought are by a company called 'Alegria'.
    • Posted

Cindy...can you tell me what's good about the shoes you got from Alegria?  I feel like I need to walk on air pockets or something bc any contact is almost unbearable. I'm open to any info I can get bc right now I can't wear anything. I'm wondering if Air casters will work for me..
    • Posted

Lady, The insoles are a really good shape & fat & spongy. I'm not saying they are a cure but they have helped me. When I try on my old shoes & slippers they feel terrible. I feel stupid, I should have been wearing better shoes for years and maybe my arches would also be in better shape. Are any of you fellow sufferers overweight? My GP told me to lose 2 stone and that would help - GRrrr I hate dieting...
    • Posted

How many inches fat are they Cindy? And what is 2 stones equal to in pounds? I am in the States...lol. Does Alegria have a website or are they on Amazon? I know you can't post a link but just steer me a little?? Yes I'm overweight...I would walk around in the house only with barefeet, but never even heard of PF or I would have been more careful. Lord help us. 
  • Posted

Yes, it does but as you read on here no one is the exact same and you could have something else....it really takes a professional  and an MRI to give you a diagnosis. However,  again,....as you may have read on here...you can be misdiagnosed if you don't find a doctor who really cares to be sure and rule out similar things that could be the issue. It is a very frustrating thing to have extremely painful if yours is severe like mine...Like right now I am bedridden bc of it. I pray that yours isn't like mine....do the ice bottle roll bc it totally left my right foot the second I rolled it. But I have had it in my left foot for 11 months now. Anyway...you need a Podiatrist and an MRI (x-rays only show bone) to be sure. You are in my prayers. 
  • Posted

You guys are just lovely. Thank you very much for your replies. I'm sorry you are in so much pain too. I have an appointment with my phsyio on the 2nd September and will ask if there's anything she can do. I'm sure if I go to my GP first they'll just fob me off but you have given me the cofidence to ask. Thank you and good luck with ongoing treatment x
    • Posted

Keep us updated and informed....we all share bc we have to...who else is gonna fix us? Lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.