Does this sound like Plantar Fasciitis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

New user here, any help would be appreciated.

After wearing some new boots in January I developed an excruciating pain in the front/bottom of my heal. 

The pain has lessened but months later it’s still there. Sometimes it spreads throughout the bottom of my foot. It worsens after standing or walking.

I went to a physiotherapist who doubted it was PF and said I’d somehow changed the mechanics of my foot. She gave me some exercises to strengthens the muscles in my foot and toes. 

Months of doing these exercises gave me noticeable bigger muscles in my foot but made no difference to the pain! 

Now I’m confused and don’t know whether to pay to see another physiotherapist or what. 

Any advice? Does this sound like PF?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

To I have it in my right foot . The pain is awful in the arch of my foot. I’ve had to use crutches for mine when I’m not working. I finally bought a night splint for it to see if this does any better than using crutches to stay off of it. I’m supposed to be sleeping with this on when I’m in bed during the night. If you’d like for me to let you know how it does for me I will after having it no a few nights. I can tell you though it’s pulling where the pain is in my foot as we speak. Not sure if that a good sign or not. I’ll let you know how it does for me. Jason 
  • Posted

Hi Rob,

Yes.. it sounds like you may have PF.   Rest, massage, compression socks, basically just staying off your feet as much as possible, which can be hard.. I know.

But, good luck and do your best to make your feet better!!!

• Posted

It sounds like it to me but I am no physio! have you tried Voltarol cream on the soles to reduce inflammation and pain - which you would have with PF? Yes, I think I would try once more with another Physio, you have nothing to lose. PF is a long term condition  and needs lots of help.Good luck

• Posted

I agree that it sounds like Plantar Fasciitis. I would focus on 2 other items to get the most pain relief in addition to your stretches.

1. Ice the foot twice a day. Take a regular water bottle, freeze it, and then lay it on the floor sideways and roll the sole of your foot/plantar fascia over the ice bottle for 15-20 minutes.

2. Get a pair of over the counter silicone heel inserts and wear them all of the time.

Good luck. Heel pain hurts. The good news 90% of cases get better without surgery. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.