Does this sound like RA?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed recently with soft tissue tears and bursitis based on an MRI and while I don't doubt the findings, I have such horrific joint pain--mostly bi-lateral hip pain and low back pain-- that I'm often encopasitated. An hour or two before the horrific pain, I get so tired that I feel drugged and can barely keep my eyes open. The fatigue is 100% connected to the pain. As soon as the pain lifts, I'm no longer tired. I also just noticed that I have a large bony protrusion below my first knuckle (the finger joint in my hand) and research says it's called a fusi something. I think this is an sIgn of RA too, I've read. My C-reactive protein is elevated but I also have crohns disease and type 1 diabetes. All the autoimmune diseases tend to lump together in people who have them. The MRI also showed bone marrow Inflamatuon but it's near the bursa in my hip.

I will get the test as soon as I can see a doctor but I'm just wondering if this sounds like RA.

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It doesn't sound like usual RA but does sound like some kind of inflammatory arthritis. As you say, the fatigue is part of an autoimmune response. Usually RA affects joints in fingers/ wrist/ elbow/ shoulder/ knee/ feet. Hope you get to see a rheumatologist soon . Sorry to hear you are in so much pain.
  • Posted

I have done a bit of research on arthritis research website and there is something called spondyloarthritis affecting hip and back and related to crowns - may be worth looking into in view of the pain you are getting.
    • Posted

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. I researched it too and it sounds exactly like what I have!

• Posted

Related to ' crohns' not ' crowns' - slip of the auto- correct!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.