Does this sound like Urticaria?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

Over week ago I woke up to a rash on my back stomach arms thighs and chest. I went to the walk in centre and they said it was uticaria. It has now been 8 days and the rash is still there, if not getting worse. Everytime I get hot or sometimes randomly i get a wave of intesse prickling/stabbing with a pin feeling all over where the rash is. (it is a rash of blemishes/little pimples) why has the rash not subsided at all?

Does anyone know if this sounds like urticaria?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Could be! There's so many different versions of it.

Have you taken anything for it yet? First steps are anti histamines, if it's really extreme you could get steroids off the doctor if you really can't cope with it.

• Posted

Yes I have been on antihistanmines for 9 days now, i started taking them the day the rash appeared and also I have been applying zerobase cream and calamine lotion but nothing seems to work. And ok thanks, I will make an appointment with my doctor to see what else she can do.
  • Posted

Hello. I had urticaria a few years ago and would describe it like you. Felt very tickly often. Would go soon after taking an antihistamine. The rash would happern anywhere - in some places it was just like red skin and in most other places like different sized red raised blotches, but never like any pus filled pimples. Mine went after about a year, but can vary. Still best checked out by a Dr.
    • Posted

I have been to the doctors twice. One said it was eczema and one said it was urticaria. My rash has been there for 10 days now, hasn't moved at all. That's why I wasn't sure if it was urticaria or not but judging your comment, it could be... The antihistamines have done nothing at all for it.
  • Posted

The first antihistamine prescribed for me did not work, but a second one did. The second one's name was something like Fexofenadine HCL. Ask your Dr. about it. I think it was due to stress at the time. They also did iron, vitamin D and thyroid tests on me.
    • Posted

I have tried 2, piritin (4mg) one every 4 hours which I got over the counter and then the doctor prescribed me with hayleve (4mg) one every 4 hours. None have worked. Can I ask what mg were your prescribed anti histamines?
    • Posted

And also what were your vitamin D and thyroid test results? If you don't mind me asking.
  • Posted

Hi again. I can't remember the amount as it was several years ago. Also, I was low in iron and vitamin D levels, plus a bit hypothyroid. Still don't know if there was a link or if it was a type of allergy brought on by stress. 

• Posted

Hi.

Thanks for your reply. I'll go to the doctors and see if they will do a blood test as I've never had one done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.