Does this sound like vertigo?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was laying down under my truck replacing a part, trying to prop myself up when I felt a twinges in my neck then a spell of dizziness. It passed after I got up, but my health anxiety was through the roof, fearing it was a stroke in the making. This morning I woke up feeling dizzy if I moved my head and very off balance, felt a slight bit of numbness at the base of my skull and a pulsing sensation there. Once I calmed down and rested more, I felt progressively better, and I could lay on my back but not turn my head. Fast forward to now and I feel a tightness in the base of my skull, I can walk around without feeling off balance but I can't look straight down without feeling dizzy. Is this vertigo or something else? So scared right now. I'm 26 at 175lbs and have been diagnosed with GAD, and I stress out a lot at work. Can stress or trigger points cause this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ok, first off don't stress, that will make things worse in your head. It does not sound like vertigo which people are usually dizzy and the room is spinning. I am guessing you did something to your neck. You could go to a chiropractor but I would seek out a cervical chiropractor since they specialize in the C1 and C2 bones. Let them take an x ray and see if you popped something out of place. Remember not a regular Chiro, go to a cervical chiro. Don't stress. I'v been spaced out feeling for 8 yrs non stop and I'm still going so don't freak out.

• Posted

Im going on one day of this and I feel like I had a minor stroke or something, not that I would know what that feels like.
  • Posted

I know it can really mess with your head but the trick is not to let it. If you do it will be worse, trust me. I describe it as being a little drunk or just getting a crappy night sleep and everything seems to move in slow motion or just looks off. When you feel that way just tell yourself " oh I must have had a bad nights sleep that all " and you will feel better. Well worked for me. Get your neck checked.

• Posted

What have they found on you after 8 years?   I am starting Year 3 and man it is hard someday to not function!  It is like I’m living on a boat and can’t get off.  Driving stinks!   
    • Posted

They found nothing. I am healthy. All test come back normal. But my neck is a mess and that seems to be the problem.
    • Posted

I think you might be right about my neck. I looked up cervical vertigo and everything I'm feeling seems to match that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.