Does this sound right?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

so i know you're not supposed to self diagnose, but i pretty much did just that. in November i came down with mono and didnt know. mid December we moved (i was insanely stressed) and the following day i got the worst flu i ever had. finally in January after seeing 3 other doctors bc i hadnt felt normal since November, i found out thru all that id had mono. i had been convinced something more serious was wrong and basically lost my mind. i got so stressed out i basically had a nervous breakdown and then my dad passed away in feb. right around this time i kept getting these tingly sensations on my torso right under my bra line and running over my ribcage to the right. 2 days after the tingly feelings, what i thought was a pimple would pop up. i got 4 total and they would ooze then scab and hurt bad. i kept telling my husband i didnt understand how i could have pimples on my torso as i have never had that nor had i ever felt severe tingling before a pimple popped up and in a weird cluster. they healed in about a month except the biggest one which has left a dark round scar. about a month after it was all healed, i started getting these sharp, deep, jabbing and aching pains where the cluster had been and its especially bad over the spot where i have the dark scar from the worst blister. i came across PHN bc i googled "can a pimple scar be extremely painful"! this is when i said to myself holy crap i think those "pimples" were shingles. my immune system was super knocked out from the mono/flu plus then the worst stress and grief i have ever felt in my life. right before mono i had hand foot mouth disease i caught from my twin babies so i had been thinking maybe the blisters were from that, but i had them on my hands and in my mouth, not my torso. the description of my pain matches PHN. my shingles was very mild (maybe bc im only 34?) and my phn is mild. it hurts and is very annoying, but its not debilitating. it goes away for days/weeks but ive noticed when i pms or if i get very stressed it totally flares up. what do y'all think?!? ive been making myself crazy over this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi jenna ya sounds like shingles for 100 percent

wish you the best

• Posted

i have phn too and also twinshappened just before their birthcrazy things to have in common!? what a daily battle for real power thru!!

• Posted

wow and my twins caught hand foot n mouth too but i never did thank god wow so crazy to read this post for me hit closr to hometo all u out there power thru !!!

• Posted

wow that is very similar. how crazy! I'm glad my shingles weren't terrible. it was definitely sore but i just thought it was some weird pimples. the phn pains i get are worse than the shingles blisters. still not awful but when the pain flares it feels like this deep dull ache under my skin with sharp zings that happen. it seems worse at night too, has woken me up in the middle of sleep. just enough feelings to be super annoying. the blisters also scarred different than any pimples i ever had. they're dark scars. just glad i figured it out bc i was kind of freaked out like what the heck.

• Posted

During my flare i found that taking 500 mg vitamin C, milk thistle, and vitamin B12 is a grat help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.