Does this sound right

Posted , 4 users are following.

My husband received a text message to call DWP today regarding his ESA claim. We did this and they said it about the change of address form we'd requested. This was news to us as we haven't moved for 35 years !!!

The lady spoke with a colleague and said they would have to fill a form in anyway.

She went on to ask a lot of questions, when did we move here, do we own it, do we have a mortgage, was our previous property a council property, who else lives here and several other questions.

Now I don't know if it's just me but this all seems rather strange. Should we be worried about anything, we have nothing to hide, or am I being paranoid.

He receives ESA and DLA and I get Carers. He's just received the dreaded brown envelope for PIP.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I find it very strange why you had to do this when you've lived in the same house for 35 years. Did you ask why you were being asked those questions? I would have, for sure.

• Posted

Apparently these were the questions on the change of address form which she was told she still had to fill in even though we haven't moved. I think about the only thing she didn't ask for was our actual bank account details although she did ask who we banked with.

She did ask if it like a copy of what she had put and I said yes please.

• Posted

To be honest, it's very unusual for DWP to text someone asking the to ring. If DWP wanted to speak with you then they would have definitely rang you, rather than texting you this way.

I agree with louby here, it could be a scam. May i ask if is was a free number that you rang?

• Posted

lots of people have been reporting scam txts regarding ESA, did you cross reference the number you called, was it definately a DwP genuine number?

• Posted

yes it was the number I have stored in my phone for DWP

• Posted

As you haven't changed address did you ask why you needed to answer the questions in the first place? Sorry but it all seems a little odd to me and i'd be asking questions.

• Posted

No I didn't, she just said she still had to fill the form in. We've had so many problems with DWP in the past that I tend to just answer their questions rather than cause any problems.

• Posted

Hmm, just answering their questions can cause even more problems to be honest. You really should have questioned why they were asking you this and if i were you i'd be ringing them first thing Tuesday morning to ask why.

Sorry, but i don't trust DWP, never have and never will.

• Posted

I know what you mean about trusting them, have caught them out many times. Shall call them on Tuesday. Thanks for your help

• Posted

Yes, definitely ring them Tuesday and ask them why they wanted to know those details when you've lived at your current address for 35 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.