Does This Sounds Like UC?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I'm not diagnosed, but would like to ask you guys if you have similar simptoms and to hear your opinion on my current situation.

I'm 36 year old male, married, of good health, eating healthy, don't smoking/drinking, exercise from time to time. Have 2 bowel movements most of days, sometimes 3. Stools are normal formed most of time, loose from time to time. Never watery dhiarrea. 

- Last year I noticed a few drops of fresh blood in the toiled 2 times. A few times there was some fresh blood on the stool surface. Tinny amounts.

- For the last one year I have some mucus with every bowel movement. White or yellow mucus attached to the first piece of stool which comes out. Sometimes there is some clear mucus with the last piece of stool. Its tea spoon amount or less.

- Delayed pain after bowel movements. Last year pain was more intesive than recently. It starts usually 30 minutes after a bm and lasts for next few hours. Discomfort and pain in anus. Last year I had that pain for 6 months or so. After a few months without it, pain after bm started this year again, but its not that intesive. Sometimes pain is there, but on some days I'm free of it.

I don't have any abdominal pains. Maybe some discomfort on the left side of belly button. Something like gas caused pain/discomfort. It comes and goes from time to time, usually do not last long.

- Recently I noticed some blood mixed with mucus and that's what worry me the most. There are very tiny traces of blood in mucus which is attached to the stool. To be honest I wouldn't notice it If I didn't examined it with with a torch. 

So, to sum it up... I have mucus with every bowel movement, anal pain which lasts a few hours after bowel movements, small amounts of blood in mucus from time to time.

I'm really worried this could be something more serious than hemorrhoids or a fissure. 

How all this sounds to you? Could it be a beginning of Chron or Collitis?

Thank you very much!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like the beginning of Ulcerative Colitus.  I would strongly recommend you to go see a GI and let hem order a blood, stool and may be a CT scan. Then only you will know if its mild or severe. Please DO NOT DELAY 

• Posted

I suggest you see your GP! No point in second guessing and you are obviously worrying! You need to have tests done in order to diagnose! After all, it just may be something very simple and all the worrying unneccessary! Good luck!
  • Posted

Yes... the blood, mucus and pain are common to UC. Get yourself to a dr. Good luck
  • Posted

Thank you for your replies.

All this started 3 years ago or so. Is it possible for colitis to progress so slow? I mean if it is UC wouldn't there be more symptoms? How long time passed since you noticed first symptoms of UC until you was diagnosed? 

All symptoms I mentioned are triggered by bowel movements. If I could live without BM I woudln't have any symptoms at all. Is this case with people who're diagnosed with UC?

I'm never constipated, never have diarrhea. Except for mucus my stools looks pretty normal. No abdominal pains. Is it possible to have UC, but not to have all these problems?

I still hope that I have nothing more but internal hemorrhoids rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.