Does tweezing work for molluscum contagiosum?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 16 and I have had molluscum mainly on my legs for 17 months and I saw in a discussion that molluscum could be extracted from the root with tweezers, and wiped off with alcohol after each extraction.

Wouldn't this cause spreading?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The "core" or the white part is the contagious part. So if you do pluck it out,do NOT touch it anywhere else on your body. You will have to make sure you sterilize the tweezers in between as well.

• Posted

This will work, check my post in this discussion board. I used a nokor needle instead but this cured mine years ago! I wish someone told you this 17 months ago! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.