Does upping Lexapro 10 to 15mg help with depression.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Reviews on going from lexapro 10 to lexapro 15mg, does it seem to help with depression?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Teena, I went from 10mg to 15mg for a few weeks and then to 20mg. Yes it did help me with the depression but it is helping alot with my anxiety. I have been on 20mg for 5 months now and feel better.It is a gradual process. Keep in touch with your doctor and I also have a good therapist and meditationist. Good luck to you and God Bless.

• Posted

Hi teena, I lost weight in the beginning of the anxiety situation about 18 lbs. Slowly I have started to gain some back ,about 6lbs after 6 months. I do feel much better now but my mornings are a little tougher than the rest of the day.I stared to take half my lexapro in the morning and half in the evening instead of a full dose in the morning, as advised by my psych doctor. Started this week so I hope it helps with the mornings. Again,good luck to you and God Bless.

• Posted

Did you feel really tired?

Im on 15mg since 3 weeks. But started at 10mg 2 months ago.

Depression is way better, anxiety still there but not as intense. Its a slow process I guess.

But Im always tired!

• Posted

Hi Lolita, yes I was tired all the time also,but it did get better. It is ok to nap when needed. I would recommend a good therapist if you do not have one. They help alot and it is really great to have someone to talk to and help you. Slowly the side effects deminish and you will feel better. Good luck to you and God Bless.

• Posted

Thanks Pam!

Im 9 weeks in total but increased 3 weeks ago from 10 to 25mg. Im always tired since the beginning.

So you were also tired? Did it last long?

Yes im in therapy. I just started with a new program therapy.

• Posted

Hi Loita, Yes was also very tired for a few months and it did start to get better. I found that keeping busy and being with other people really helps alot. I have been on 20mg of lexapro for 5 months now and I feel better and not tired. I also take .25mg of klonopin at night for sleep,down from 1mg when I first started. I usually feel fine in the afternoon for the day.Hope this has helped.Good luck and God Bless. Keep me posted.

• Posted

Thats such a good thing you feel better! Im happy for you.

I also take klonopin since 2 years. I take 0.25mg before bed and the half of it in late afternoon as needed. Hope I will be able to stop that someday.

Do you take your lexapro in am?

Its reassuring knowing that you also felt soooo tired like I do.

Did you increased gradualy your lexapro? I wonder if I should up to 20mg or wait with 15mg? Like I said, its been 9 weeks in total but 3weeks at 15mg.

Last question, when did you really start loosing that anxiety and start feeling good???

Thanks a lot and keep going xxx

• Posted

Lolita,I started to feel much better in 4 months time.. it is a very gradual progression. I take 10 mg of lexapro in the morning about 8am and 10 mg in the evening around 8:30pm. I went from 10 mg. for 1month and then to 15mg for a week then to 20mg. it has helped a lot this was prescribed by my psych doctor. He wanted me to go from 10 to 20mg but I was scared so. I took 15 and when speaking with a psych nurse she also said 20mg was a good idea. I have been on 20 for 5 months and I feel better.I do get tired sometimes about 2 hours after taken the med but it goes away by afternoon. Good luck.God Bless.

• Posted

Hi Pam! Did you stop taking klonopine? And when ? When you say Lexapro after 4 months is helpfull with anxiety... you mean that facing your fears or making bad thoughts you stay much more calm??

I was much better within 5 months with general anxiety.... but not with the intensive bad thought... good continuity!!

• Posted

You are wonderful for taking time responding to me.

And it sure is reassuring!

I will let you know of my progression!

xx

• Posted

Hi Arietta, in response to you,I still take klonopin .25mg for sleep. My psych doctor wants me to continue taken it for a few more weeks and then maybe try without it. I have been taken the lexapro 20mg for 4 1/2 mo. now and my anxiety is better, I am much calmer and I am learning how to face my fears. Sometimes I still have sad thoughts ,my therapist is helping me to learn how to deal with them. I also have a great family support system that I could not have come so far without. I am truly blessed. I hope that you are doing better and have a good therapist and or a good psych doctor to help you also.Good luck and God Bless.

• Posted

Lolita, hope you are feeling better. Keep me posted. God Bless.

• Posted

Arietta, I meant that I have been on lexapro 20mg for 5 1/2 mo.

• Posted

Good day Pam!

You told the right word! You found a good therapist that he teaches you how to manage with bad thoughts and fears...I havent found one yet! The drugs (their own) are not doing big things...the matter is, the man in future should be independent from the drugs...In present I try alone by hearing conferances , reading books or doing breathing to have the control of my self. Sometimes I loose, sometimes I win. I have to try to find a good therapist as you said. Glad to hear so good news about you! Keep going and God bless!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.