Does Visanne really help to shrink endometriotic cyts and adhesions?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi!

I was diagnosed with a 11 cm myoma in July 2017 and had it removed through laparoscopic myomectomy in December 2017. During the operation, my gynecologist discovered I had Stage 1 Endometriosis. She had it fulgrated as well.

On my account, I didn't heed her advise to take Qlaira on the following month because I wanted a break from medications before I was on Lupron and it drained me. I did heeded her advise on the Depo shot in February. However, came May 2018, I started to bleed non-stop. Hence, I went back to my gyno and got an ultrasound. I had diagnosed with adenomyosis and endometrial cyst in my left ovary of 1 cm. I was prescribed Visanne for 6 months to help shrink the endometrial implants and cysts.

I wonder if the DepoShot made it worse or was it because I did not take Qlaira as told. Anyway, I've finished one box of Visanne and side effects were tender breasts and irritability but it's still manageable. I'd continue with the medication in the hopes that it will stop endometriosis from spreading and shrink the cyst found.

Btw, the only symptom I have of endometriosis now is mild back pain. I find that stretching, walking and pelvic floor exercises for women with endometriosis helps with it.

I will have a ultrasound done in 5 months time to see if it the medicine works. I’ll update you on that.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Michelle, I was diagnosed with Endometriosis last year had a laparoscopy done to remove it all. A few months later I started having all symptoms again so the doctor put me on Visanne it has been my life saver for now. I’m taking it still and will keep going with it until I have my hysterectomy later this year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.