does watching horror effect you

Posted , 7 users are following.

some people are very sensistive and things like horror films effect them really badly.sometimes without them noticing but it does effect them 

just wondered if anyone noticed it in them self . 

i can watch creepy films like what lies benneth and i am fine 

but anything dark or slashing type movies make me ill with depression and nightmares for  weeks .

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i dont thank it does but pple r diffent me i watch horror movies all day but when i was little i watched them then when it was time for bed i wld have nightmares so bad a would throw up every time i would have a nightmare
    • Posted

Jessica you say you don't think it affects people yet horror films give you nightmares.

Our brains are like computers and everything we put into them affects the programming and how we think and feel. They say we are what we eat; we are also what we think.

• Posted

yea i had the nightmares when i was little im 17 now i dont have dreams like tht anymore

• Posted

It's the opposite with me; I used to be able to watch them and I read horror books all the time, but now I can't! It's almost as though I went through a time of losing my sensitivity and now I've got it back. I'm grateful for it.
  • Posted

I am like that. Was never allowed to watch horror films as a kid, so they do effect me quite badly. I try not to watch anything that might do my head in. Give me comedy any day of the week! smile
    • Posted

Yay comedy! I look at the brain as in it's a computer and everything you watch, read, listen to etc you remember and it re-programmes your brain so we have to be very careful with them.

It's like computer viruses in a way; we have to keep our computers clean and we have to keep our brain's clean. cheesygrin

• Posted

Obviously not if you're caring enough of your brain to be in this conversation! cheesygrin cool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.