Does weight gain make fibromyalgia pain worse?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so i have fibromyalgia and have had for years but just diagnosed a few years ago.

Along with many other health problems

Medullary sponge kidney disease, interstitial cystitis, chronic migraines....im only 46 and litterly fill 20 years older.

The pain i deal with is never ending,

Now i have pin prick sensations in my legs and torso..omgosh i hate it.

My legs ache so bad at times its hard to walk. Ive always been a slim woman. Use to be so active. I was a fitness trainer and am a black belt in Tae kwon do but that is a past ill never regain do to my physical health. I even gave up showing horses sadly..

Ive gained about 8 lbs this winter and have noticed i feel more pain now.....

The pin sticks are way worse. Does weight gain make Fibromyalgia pain worse?

Is it the culprit for the pin stick pain?

Can anyone relate? Its harder to lose the weight because im not active. Ugh........

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My weight has yo-yo 40 lbs this past year. They think my thyroid is the culprit but blood work keeps coming back in normal range. Even did ultra sound and it was normal. But when I gain the weight I do hurt more. While you can't be as active as you were you can still do mild yoga or water exercises. Physio and accupuncture helped too.

• Posted

I think when the weather gets better i will be a little more motivated to at least do things outdoors..im going to plant a vegetable garden this spring ....im going to lose weight if it kills me, If i dont the pain will.
    • Posted

The cold weather definitely effects all of us with increased pain. That might be what you're experiencing. It has a lot to do with the barometric pressure. Don't know why but we all feel it.

• Posted

I have athritist with fibromyalgia so my mobility is affected so therefore can't excercise the way I used to, so I'd say yes, it is harder to stay slim when you have fibromyalgia x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.