Does your anxiety make you dizzy and lightheaded?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

ive been suffering pretty bad the last few weeks with my anxiety and this week have felt very dizzy ans lightheaded. is this common for anxiety? Or is it possibly something else? does anyone feel this way when their anxiety is up?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

yes lizzie, I feel that way frequently! I think tbe lightheadedness and dizziness may have something to do with the way I breath (or don't) when I'm panicking.

try laying down for 10m and breathe Deeply through your nose then let it out Slowly through your mouth (almost like a whistle).

I'm not a doc but sometimes this works for me!

Good luck.....

• Posted

Hi,

Yes definitely experience dizziness and lightheaded with anxiety. When unhappy I will develop a strange head pressure (not painful, more fuzzy) and a stiff neck - at it's worst whilst walking it feels like am on a bouncy castle. If it of any re-assurance have reported these issues, seen GP / Neuro and MRI scan - all came back clean. Crazy what our mental state can have such an effect on our well-being.

• Posted

• Yes, I had this for about 4 months last year. It was pretty much all day every day, felt like I was swaying on a boat all the time. It was soooo annoying.
    • I freaked out and thought maybe I had a brain tumor or something. But I started to realize that it would lessen/go away when I was distracted and it would worsen when I was nervous/focused on it. This lead me to the conclusion that it was definitely just anxiety related and then I didn't feel as scared of it. After I wasn't scared of it anymore, the symptoms slowly went away and I haven't had then since lol.
    • Posted

Thank you. i started feeling a weird dizzy/lighheaded feeling about a week ago. it comes on and off and i cant work out what it is. my doctor said all my bloods look good, my blood pressure is good and i have a clear MRI from a year ago. i am assuming it is anxiety because i dont know what else it could be.

i do suffer from health anxiety too.

did yours just pass with time?

did it come on and off or was it continuous?

• Posted

I had mine pretty much everyday for those few months, but not all day everyday. Bc if I was busy or distracted it would go away, so that's how I realized it wasn't anything serious. Bc if something was actually wrong, it wouldn't go away or lessen when you're distracted. Once I realized this ^^ I knew it was just anxiety, so the fear went away and I calmed down, and then the symptoms just slowly left.

• Posted

This is exactly what I try to do, but it's the anxiety I'm trying to escape from and not another fear. Do you have any tips on how to get distracted and not to think of it?

• Posted

Hi Lizzie,

I experience this almost daily. It's been about two years since it started and I've had just about every test done under the sun to rule out other illnesses. My doc says it's anxiety.

I definitely recommend you read "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross. There is a really helpful supplement guide in there that helped me tremendously (did not cure me, but helped me considerably).

• Posted

Feel lightheaded most of the time, like I am walking on sponges...I know its anxiety, as all tests are clear, so your not alone with this...its very hard to live with...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.