Does your LS cause throbbing ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm curious if anyone else gets throbbing pain with their LS. If so, where is it at?

My biopsy came back and said I'm in the very early stage of LS. My main complaint right now is the intense throbbing pain. It is on the sides of the vulva and meets at the crease of my thigh. Like where your underwear typically sit by the thigh.

I'm also curious if anyone knows how a biopsy shows you have LS. I'm young and new to this.

Thanks for anyone who responds

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi..I am 68 years old and was get this sort of "heart beat" in my vaginal area...not all the time...the med's I am on have helped greatly - Estrace and Clobestasol - along with no baths. wearing cotton underwear, using coconut oil (3-4 times a week), sleeping with no underwear on to let the skin breath, washing with gentle soap (Cetaphil) ...u will find what works best for u in time....the most important thing is finding the right doctor who is knowledgeable with LA....good luck....

• Posted

i have had LS for about 10 years now. i have the exact same problem. I haven't managed to find a way to counteract this.

i am one of the unfortunates who have LS with no relief. it is merely how severe is it this week. i have lost most of the structure of my nether regions and my clitoris is virtually gone. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. The itch and the pain is sheer hell.

I am ripped to bits 3 weeks out of 4. The new thinking is to encourage sex to enhance the blood flow to the vagina.

sadly as anyone with severe LS will tell you when you are experiencing a flare up or in my case..continuous LS the very last thing you want or need is sex ! catch 22 situation.

if you do manage to find anything to help with the throbbing etc please share. Good luck with your health.

• Posted

Kristin- I was diagnosed JUNE '18. It started with throbbing in clit and intense pain during oral sex- sorry tmi. I later found out that the throbbing or buzzing is the disease in active mode and you need to get on a steroid regimin, auto- immune supplement protocol and check your diet. I do not eat flour, grains, potatoes, rice, or sugar anymore and that had helped alot! GOOD LUCK!

• Posted

Karen....was wondering how u came to find out that NOT eating, grains, flour, potatoes, rice and sugar helped with your LS??? Does it really help to stop the throbbing and discomfort...Vickie

• Posted

Vickie- HONESTLY trial and error. I cut out grains for several weeks, then I cut put dairy, then I cut out sugar. I noticed when I ate sugar I would get an itch. Different people respond in different ways , so ypu hv to see what works for you.

• Posted

when i had my 4th biopsy they deaden it and cut a little piece out. it wasnt to bad but i also have caught lichen planus and its terrible own your skin it nakes these white bumps that feel like you have sand on you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.