Does your pain threshold get lower with PEs?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am sure mine is much lower than before I had them. I am such a wimp now! Things really hurt now! Like blood tests, stubbing my toe, paper cuts! Because I had the PEs for so long without realising, I wonder if it affected something in me. Is that possible? Does anyone else feel pain a lot more than they used to? Can PEs affect this if left untreated for a long time?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I too feel pain more since having PEs, had them second time in March.  Thought I had them again recently however GP (without face to face consultation, only by phone) decided pain in my chest is muscular, and breathlessness is down to the weather and dehydration!  I get breathless walking up or down stairs.  Am on blood thinners for life (Apixaban), and previously was on Warfarin for 6 months for DVT and some years later for PEs Warfarin for 4 months.  I feel paper cuts too, and of course bruise easily, sometimes I do not know where they have come from, arms and legs, know about knees when I barely touch something, I get a bruise!  
    • Posted

I was told my chest pain and breathing problems were down to inflammation. I think it is a bit more than that when it comes to the pain. I can feel the inflammation discomfort and and I think it is that dull ache round my lungs. The sharp pains that go into my armpit, I think are probably where the clots must have done a bit of damage to my nerves or something. I don’t get the shooting and pounding pains anymore though. I don’t think pulmonary emboli are something the medical profession seem to know to much about, when I read posts on this site, no one seems satisfied with their doctors explanations and still have loads of unanswered questions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.