Does your time of month make your pe symptoms worse?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Before I was diagnosed with multiple PEs, I noticed that when I was ovulating and around my period I would get a fast heartbeat and breathlessness. Even with treatment I find that I am more symptomatic then too. Does anyone else find this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had PE blood clot back in April 2018, I had the same experience around the 1st week of June my heart rate was out of whack like a see saw. I am in premenstrual stage so my hormones

are out of whack too cause I had googled that rapid heart beat can be cause by imbalance hormones. The PE symptoms does seem like it get worse cause I had to go to the emergency room doing that time, my heart felt like it was going to beat out my chest but they did blood work and an EKG every thing was normal Thank God for that. Your not along I have good days and bad days just hang in there before we know it, we will be feeling normal again.

• Posted

When you have a tachycardic attack or severe chest pain do your lips and tongue go white? Mine do, I don’t know why.  I was diagnosed at the end of March so I am pretty new to all this too.

I had an echocardiogram and my heart is ok too. I have had the clots for years before I was diagnosed though.  I had to organise my own CT scan because I knew something was seriously wrong and my symptoms were getting really bad. When you have an inept health service, looking your symptoms up on line can save your life! 

• Posted

I came off warfarin in Jan 2018, but when I go on my periods, it feels like all the pe symptoms are coming back and twice as hard. I was told it's hormonal imbalance. I'm taking black cohosh, it's natural drops to try and balance hormones cause I can't go on the pill. I thought I was the only one feeling these things. I'm glad that every time I go for tests they come out negative. Praise be to God, it was the toughest 6 months being on warfarin and I had to go for surgery while on treatment. I need to start exercising maybe that will help.

• Posted

Be careful with any health food shop medicines because they do not have the same rigorous health trials that prescribed medicines do and may have the similar side effects that the drug they are trying to emulate do. I don’t think I can copy and paste on this site, but if you put in your search engine black cohosh and pulmonary embolism. there is something that says out of a study of 640 people who took black cohosh, 18 got pulmonary embolism. Look into it because anyone who has been through PEs would do anything to have them not come back! Also they would not want anyone else to have that nightmare again! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.