Dog Bite

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. Almost a year ago I was bitten by a dog on my nose while standing near it's food. It was a pretty small wound but pretty deep. While it was healing, it started to look like it was raised and a little white but I just assumed that was scar tissue. Last night it seemed like it could be popped and pus came out. It's been about 24 hours and it is still leaking a tiny bit and it's beginning to scab over but it's still a little bloody. What could be wrong here, any ideas? I've attached two images, the first is about a week after the incident and the second picture is what it looks like today, after pus came out. Thanks.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, the pictures posted backwards. The first picture is today and the second picture was taken about a year ago, a week after the incident.
  • Posted

Rabies can take years to show up you need to get vaccinated before symptoms appear I'm not saying you have Rabies but it's better to be safe than to be sorry Ravies is fatal if symptoms of Rabies appear there is a 99% (maybe more) the patient will die. It would be nice if you could tell us more about the dog was it sick? Was it aggressive? Is it still alive today? How long has it been since it bit you?

• Posted

The dog wasn't sick. It was aggressive, as it attacked me again a couple months after the first time. It was my roommate's dog so I made sure she brought him to the shelter, no word as to if he is alive today. It's been a year since the first time it bit me which is when I got this nose scar.

• Posted

If it had Rabies it would die within 10 days from the onset of symptoms I believe I read somewhere that Rabies is usually contagious around 3 days before symptoms appear and you're saying it was alive for months after biting you which suggests that maybe just maybe it's not rabid but you should still see a doctor he'll know what to do you might need a vaccine I'm not a doctor but I do know that when Rabies transmits through a bite the bite area will itch/hurt/swell later in the future. Best of luck keep us updated and please see a doctor animal bites should never be ignored. God bless.

• Posted

Sarah 43056,

There's definitely something not right if it's been that long and it's not healed up by now I noticed it's red around it, I think it may be infected for sure, but it should've been gone long ago. Is it warm to the touch ? Cellulitis is one probability, you can have staff set up or anything. Did your roommate get the dog that bit you it's vaccinations and everything up to date. You need to go have a doctor look at it because there's a lot of possibilities. Keep us updated & may God bless you.

• Posted

I went to urgent care today and they told me it was infected and gave me an antibiotic topical cream. Thanks all for your input!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.