Doing Good

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would check in to say that I am doing really good. I'm feeling good besides my usual stress & anxiety which I have always had but I am certainly in a better place than I was a couple of weeks ago.

I have been invited to a big night out tonight but I have wedding flowers to do for a wedding tomorrow & I am in work at 9am in the morning so I will be giving it a miss which means no mid week boozing. 

I just want to thank you all for your support over the last few weeks you have been a rock to me. For now I am good & I know it's early days so I am not going to run away with myself but I am in a more positve place for sure.

Much love to you all xx

4 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi sadie

glad to hear how well you are doing. This forum is a great place to get help and advice. A good decision to give the party a miss and concentrate on work. By making that decision, you've taken away the stress and anxiety you'd normally have had. Be proud of yourself and well done. Keep posting, it does help

• Posted

Oh well done Sadie for taking temptation out of the equation. You certainly do not want to start mid week drinking too. How's the quest for Selincro going by the way? x

• Posted

Well done Sadie and keep going with the positivity , I love to read think posts like this .Your open honesty was clearly a huge step forward in helping you recently.Keep up the good work.x😋😋x

• Posted

As always thank you so much for your encouragment. Yes I didn't go to the party & the next day my friends were posting all about  their hangovers  on Facebook & I had a fresh head. I had 2 glasses of wine with my husband last night & felt a little tipsy but it was out in the open. The drink monster started talking to me this evening at about 6 but I just did some dance practice trying to ignore it & i made some progress on my dance routine instead. It is still nagging at me a bit but I know if I continue to ignore it then I will eventually have Sundays where the thoughts will get less.

As for Selincro I haven't pursued getting the prescription as at the moment I feel I am doing ok & will continue to go the way I am going as I have greatly reduced my intake in the last few weeks myself & I believe I might be able to socially drink & stay in control onece I don't resort back to hiding it. If I do fail at that I will than make sure to get the medication. 

I am now trying to work on getting things in life done. I always begin things & never finish them. Different projects , courses etc... I need to learn how to be more in control of things in general so that area will be tricky but I am hoping it will come to me too.x

• Posted

It's how you feel at the moment. You have made some good positive decisions there. Don't beat yourself up though if alcohol starts taking over again. The great thing is with TSM is it gives you options xx

Keep in touch xx

JulieAnne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.