Doing Too Much

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am 3 weeks post op. Without going into detail I am getting virtually no support and have been trying to do pretty much everything by myself since week two. How do others cope and did they think it hindered or helped their recovery? I am told to rest and eat well and not do too much but its not now an option for me.

7 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have you found a way to get someone in to help you around the house so you can rest? 
    • Posted

No not at this stage. I just crawl back to bed 20 times a day. Im sure I will be OK. Just have to remember to move slowly.
    • Posted

It's hard to get out of that bed isn't it? Feels good... I camped out on my sofa and still am for the last 9 weeks. Big TV, close to kitchen and bath. Blanket and pillow, laptop, phone and charger, magazines, snacks... and let your body heal. I'm not sure why you need to get up 20 times anyway?? ;-) I hope you remain in a good mood, don't let yourself slip into depression or stop caring about your recovery. I know now you are hurting.. and give it some time. Sounds like you're making out alright. 
    • Posted

I have a 4 month old puppy so she requires a lot of attention for toiletting feeding etc. Not an ideal situation for me but not my doing. Cant wait to be on just one crutch, hopefully physio will say today.
    • Posted

Sounds like a lot of work!! Puppies are hard, and frustrating, and chew on your best stuff somehow. Whenever the dog misbehaves or has an "accident" < blame it on the surgery. i never could manage crutches.. i'm too much of a klutz. my mom told me i'm the only person she knew that fell going up steps. ( not very encouraging )  blame="" it="" on="" the="" surgery.="" i="" never="" could="" manage="" crutches..="" i'm="" too="" much="" of="" a="" klutz.="" my="" mom="" told="" me="" i'm="" the="" only="" person="" she="" knew="" that="" fell="" going="" up="" steps.="" (="" not="" very="" encouraging="">
    • Posted

Shes a boxer and for her age shes amazing. I got her just hefore the surgery so managed to teach her a few commands which she picked up in seconds. She is best mates with my cat. Shes also very calm when im up on my crutches and dosnt jump at me. She knows. Animals have so much understanding even the young ones. Cant wait to take her walking and swimming myself.
    • Posted

I've been camped out on my sofa for 10 weeks now! I can watch TV or use the computer if I can't sleep...
    • Posted

Hi Belle

I guess I am now officially camped out on my recliner! Got a long way to go to catch you up though! Here in the UK any official

recliner sleeper will end up getting cold toes first thing in the

morning. That's one advantage you have over us!

All the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.