domperidone

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just been diagnosed with limited systemic sclerodoma which apparently has affected my oesophagus which in turn has led to bronchiectasis (though I don't have symptoms for any of this!). I have been prescribed domperidone to stop me aspirating acid into my lungs and making them worse. Any experience of this drug?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I just noticed this post First I am very curios why on earth they would give a diagnosis of something you don't have symptoms to I have an oesophagus disorder Barretts However the meds don't work and I can't breathe well I'm curious how you're doing How things have at the doc have been doing Second My eldest daughter 

is a doctor I have heard her speak of the medication I should ask her 

Hope you're well Ally

• Posted

Well, as you're interested, my symptoms were initially of drastically changed bowel habits so they gave me a whole body scan to see if I had cancer and when they looked at the scan they could see by chance that my lungs were damaged (it was obvious) which resulted in the diagnosis of bronchiectasis, which in turn, via blood tests and presence of Raynauds, led to a surprise diagnosis of systemic scleroderma which meant they had to examine my oesophagus and found that's damaged too, and I guess that's why my guts are weird, not that anyone's made that connection yet apart from me. However in the end they decided I can't take domperidone because I have occasional palpitations and that's a contraindication, which is fine by me because I don't like taking medication!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.